Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to stimulate B2 Spice V5.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikelectro

Recently I just installed B2 Spice..... But dont know how to stimulate it... already spent about 4 hrs but no result... Can anyone help me with very simple circuit (like LED glowing etc)... at least help me how to start first......

untitled.JPG
I cant stimulate this circuit also..so please help me with start...

How about putting in there some voltage source? And a ground wouldn´t hurt too.
I have no idea what that program is, but have you tried reading some manual, or some examples? Most software has this so I would be surprised if this didn´t.

Why dont you use LTSpice. It works, and has a GUI.

You need a value for the voltage source.

At least one node in your circuit must be connected to GND.

Attachments

• D37.jpg
    D37.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 343
How about putting in there some voltage source? And a ground wouldn´t hurt too.
I have no idea what that program is, but have you tried reading some manual, or some examples? Most software has this so I would be surprised if this didn´t.

I have tried with battery source and GND but the battery source3 is too much confusing (in the help menu) for me......
or may be you can help me with something other stimulators which is more famous you know..
thanks..

Why dont you use LTSpice. It works, and has a GUI.

You need a value for the voltage source.

At least one node in your circuit must be connected to GND.
Ok I'll try that MikeML.... I think I have LTSpice...

so is that more easy to stimulate in LTSpice???

LTspice has a very weird user interface, but once you get used to it it is pretty simple.

Im trying it in LTSpice but cant able to find the voltage source!!!!!!

and also how to define the resistor's values???
LT spice....JPG

In components there is a part called voltage..
Use rigt click to edit parts.

In components there is a part called voltage..
Use rigt click to edit parts.

thanks I get it.. but cant able to stimulate . If im trying to stimulate a dialog box is coming out as "Edit Stimulation Command"...

Last edited:
no you don´t get it ;) right click the part and instead of R write for example 100k

no you don´t get it ;) right click the part and instead of R write for example 100k
now im able to place the value not stimulate...!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

And the problem is? I can´t read your mind, so please explain it..

I have now able to place the values for components which I used in this circuit...
now the problem is how to stimulate this circuit.
LT spice... 2.JPG

Go look at the example I posted. What do you see at the bottom?

That is the simulation directive. .OP solves the DC bias solution, and reports all the node voltages and branch currents. That is only one of several types of simulation that all Spice derivatives know how to do.

After making a schematic, Right mouse click any where in the background of the schematic. Edit Simulation Cmd. Select which type of simulation you want to do.

Sounds to me that you have not gone through the Tutorial.

Go look at the example I posted. What do you see at the bottom?

That is the simulation directive. .OP solves the DC bias solution, and reports all the node voltages and branch currents. That is only one of several types of simulation that all Spice derivatives know how to do.

After making a schematic, Right mouse click any where in the background of the schematic. Edit Simulation Cmd. Select which type of simulation you want to do.

Sounds to me that you have not gone through the Tutorial.

HI MikeMl, I have gone through the tutorial now.......
and able to stimulate the circuit.

I have added the circuit here....
but how to place the probing point identically in the circuit that one can understand which points are showing the graph...

Attachments

• lTSpice 2.asc
    755 bytes · Views: 247
You are doing a .TRAN (transient or voltages/currents vs time) simulation which is not really appropriate for a circuit where nothing is changing. For your circuit, do a .DC solution instead.

In the transient simulation you posted, you can see which node is node1, 2, and so on by moving the mouse pointer onto a blue wire. Note that it changes to a "Probe". Look down into the bottom left corner of the schematic. You will see the node number or name, and the voltage at that node.

For plotting, you can also name a node explicitly. Look at the sim I posted. Note that I labeled some nodes, such a B, E, and A. If a node is named by you, then it will have that name in the plot or the table that comes from the .DC solution.

You are doing a .TRAN (transient or voltages/currents vs time) simulation which is not really appropriate for a circuit where nothing is changing. For your circuit, do a .DC solution instead.

In the transient simulation you posted, you can see which node is node1, 2, and so on by moving the mouse pointer onto a blue wire. Note that it changes to a "Probe". Look down into the bottom left corner of the schematic. You will see the node number or name, and the voltage at that node.

For plotting, you can also name a node explicitly. Look at the sim I posted. Note that I labeled some nodes, such a B, E, and A. If a node is named by you, then it will have that name in the plot or the table that comes from the .DC solution.

Thank for your help..... I have added the latest file... plz see that am doing it right or wrong ... and how can I label the nodes????LT spice... 2 op.JPG

Attachments

• lTSpice 2 new.asc
    762 bytes · Views: 239
Last edited:
and one more thing how to include a AC source in a circuit????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back