Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start with analog soundboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibanezarus

I'm curious...if I needed a button to be pushed, that would grab a sound related to that button out of a bank, and then be played on a sound system, what should I use as the bank? Is there a sound chip that has very simple design that has that ability? Or does anybody have any suggestions at all? Maybe I would need some amplifiers as well? Thanks for any help.
-Clint

I think the obvious choice for a bank is computer memory chips. This implies that the sound has been digitized of course. It may be possible to store a sound in a bucket brigade chip or group of chips, but I wouldn't recommend this in light of the cost and availability of memory chips.

Since computer memory is the most convenient medium, using a computer to do the work of storing and fetching the sounds makes sense. So, it might be reasonable to simply use a PC, perhaps running Linux for maximum control of timing and stuff. The beauty of such an approach is that all the hardware is already done for you (PC, soundcard, computer speakers etc)

There are ISD chips to do this but at a very low quality
**broken link removed** for a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back