Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to sort out only new posts in a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odin

Simple question: How can I sort threads with new messages first?
It was possible on the old forum, and can be done on a lot of forums. I'm aware of the function "new messages", but that gives me messages from all forums. I want from one forum only.
As it is now, there can be a new message on page 2 or 3, wich I then will miss.

Is it possible to sort like I want? Maybe it's just in front of my eyes also....

Great forum, btw :)

Odin

That should be your default view. If it isn't you've clicked on something.

Click on the 'Last Post' header at the top of the thread listing to sort the post by last post date.

DirtyLude said:
That should be your default view. If it isn't you've clicked on something.

Click on the 'Last Post' header at the top of the thread listing to sort the post by last post date.

Seems to work now. I obviously didn't understand exactly how and when a forum gets marked as read. I'm used to that a forum always shows only threads with new messages first. Like leaving a forum also means marking it as read. Now I have to either read each thread, or mark the forum as read. Makes more sense this way. Don't know why, though. Maybe some settings in my browser? (Opera)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back