Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to solve this eqn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

f(t) = A/2 -T/2<t<0
-A/2 0<x<t/2

f(t+T) = f(t)

T is the period of the waveform. Determine the fourier series of the periodic wave for an arbituary period T. Find an and bn.
If A = 200/ I+100 and T = 1/f=1/101

please advise how should i solve this eqn?

I can't tell the difference between the function definition and the conditions so you've made it a bit difficult. It seems as though you've introduced an "x" in the conditions without showing how it affects the functions. All in all a very disconnected and confusing post.

As for the fourier coefficients you write down the standard forms and integrate.

Hi,

The x should be t.

f(t) = A/2 -T/2<t<0
-A/2 0<x<t/2

f(t+T) = f(t)

T is the period of the waveform. Determine the fourier series of the periodic wave for an arbituary period T. Find an and bn.
If A = 200/ I+100 and T = 1/f=1/101

please advise how should i solve this eqn?pls advise

I think you are describing a square wave with the arbitary period T. The wave is defined from -T/2 but since the wave is periodic you can start from anywhere( but point that gives the least mathematical complications is better like starting from 0 to T).
You can easily use the standard integral forms to solve this. Only little thing to remember is that you have to separate the function into two parts -T/2 to 0 and from 0 to T/2 because of the discotinuity.

You can find more info here
https://mathworld.wolfram.com/FourierSeries.html
This Url has the answer to you problem(which is fairly standard one);)

Try using LATEX, it makes your equations much easier to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back