Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate capacitor charging n discharging current in multisim for RC circuit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munna007

hello friends....i m unable to simulate capacitor charging current for RC circuit in multisim....only capacitor voltage gets simulated....kindly help....

You can simulate voltage and current of a charging/discharging capacitor using the transient analysis function. Go to Simulate-->Analyses-->Transient Analysis. In the window that pops up, if you're charging the capacitor, select "set to zero" under "initial conditions", and click on the "Output" tab. Select which values you want to see (one of them should be current through the capacitor), and hit "simulate". If you're discharging the capacitor, you'll need to set the "initial conditions" to "User-defined", and type in the maximum voltage the capacitor should be charged to.

I hope this helps :)
Regards,
Der Strom

It can also be done using a piece wise linear voltage source set to have an initial state of 0 volts.

thanx for the reply ,

i have already done that regarding initial conditions ....butin output tab there is no vaiable for current .....there isonly variable for suplly current i.e. I(Vcc)...this image is about graphs of output....View attachment 61338....current should not be st. line....it should be decreasing slowly....

this is view of o/p tab...View attachment 61339

this is my circuit.....View attachment 61340....

kindly help....

Last edited:
thanx for the reply ,

i have already done that regarding initial conditions ....butin output tab there is no vaiable for current .....there isonly variable for suplly current i.e. I(Vcc)...

You need to display the node numbers. To do that, go to Options-->Sheet Properties and under "Net Names", make sure the "show all" bullet is selected. Once that is done, the node numbers should show up in the transient analysis output window, and you only need to select the right one.

Good luck :)
Regards

1 ).... I got graph of I(vcc) .this is current of capacitor charging....why it is starting from zero ????

2)....also but when plotting both simultaneously , capacitor current seems constant , it should be decreasing from maximum to minimum ( i.e. zero)....

plz clarify....

indiviual current....View attachment 61342

both current and voltage.... View attachment 61343

Last edited:
Post the circuit you are trying to simulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back