Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to short a current sense resistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew_k

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to diving into electrical components (sadly I've soldered very few things in my life, graduating as a java developer) but I'm trying to figure out exactly how to short a current sense resistor on a graphics card (Nvidia gtx 680, if that matters). I've come across a guide that explains why it needs to be done, but really not how (outside of "solder to short it"). Can anyone give specifics as to specifically how I can short the current sense resistor? The guide I am referencing is here:

https://www.overclockers.com/guide-to-nvidia-gtx680-modifications/

about half way down the page under "Power Limiter Modification"

Thanks for the assistance

When you say a wire over it, do you mean connecting the top and bottom of the resistor? Again, this is my first time ;)

View attachment 65716

Either end of it - a resistor has two contacts, wire them together.

However, if you're struggling on something as basic as this, I would suggest you don't attempt that project which looks fairly complex to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back