Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set VF of a LED in LTSpice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hey,

I'm new to LTspice, and would like to set the VF and IF of a LED.
I'd like the LED to be 3.3V @ 20mA rated.

How do you do it, please?

Thanks.

---
Moreover,
When you perform a BIAS Point Simulation, is there a way for LTSpice to show results on the circuit itself, and not on a separated text file?

Last edited:
One of the LEDs in the standard library come close...

You can import a spice model for your specific LED, or build your own model, but that requires a detailed knowledge of how Spice models a junction diode.

Attachments

• Vf.png
    Vf.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 4,988
Thanks!

You know where LED Models can be found on web?

BTW, is it possible to show the voltages and currents on circuit itself?

Thanks!

You know where LED Models can be found on web?

I have never looked for specific LEDs models. The ones in diode.lib have always been good enough for simple indicators. Generally, there are lots of various models in the FILES section of the Yahoo LTSpice group.

BTW, is it possible to show the voltages and currents on circuit itself?
No.

Depends on what you are trying to do. For driver circuit simulations I just put a zener diode in with the zener voltage approximating forward bias of the LED. You won't get proper temp dependancy of Vf but for current sourcing driver circuit it doesn't much matter.

Could you please recommend your favorite source for learning about using LTSpice?

For example, building models in LTSpice.
Performing different kinds of simulations.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Could you please recommend your favorite source for learning about using LTSpice?

For example, building models in LTSpice.
Performing different kinds of simulations.

Thank you.

hi,
This pdf may help.

Attachments

• WkwModels.pdf
    927.8 KB · Views: 2,848
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back