Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set the voltage controlled switch in Ltspice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenqinclch

Hi guys,

I would like to make a simulation of a electric discharge programme with Ltspice. The circuit looks like below:

At the beginning, switch 1 will be closed and the switch 2 will be opened until the voltage of capacitance Ch Uch is higher than 15kV , then we close switch 2 and open switch 1. When Uch less then 12kV will switch 1 closed and swich 2 openesd again.

Anyone know how to connect these two switches into the circuit with the tunnels + and -, and how to write the SÖPICE directive for these two switches.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 399
  • Entladung.asc
    2.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Here's your asc file with the switch model statements.
Btw, where are you going to buy a 24.5G resistor, a 22.4femtofarad capacitor or a 6teraOhm resistor :confused:

Attachments

• EntladungMod.asc
    2.9 KB · Views: 313
Here's your asc file with the switch model statements.
Btw, where are you going to buy a 24.5G resistor, a 22.4femtofarad capacitor or a 6teraOhm resistor :confused:

Thanks a lot!!That is really helpful.v
One more question. Because the switches also work when the voltage is -12kV or -15kV, so, can i add another value for Vt and Vh of two switches?
like: .model ms1 sw(Roff=1 Ron=1e12 Vt=13.5k Vh=1.5k Vt=-13.5k Vh=-1.5K)

That won't work (try it and see; that's the beauty of simulations :) ).
You could add two more switches: one in parallel with S1 and the other in parallel with S2. Then use model statements ms3, ms4 incorporating those negative values for vt (but +ve values for vh, otherwise the switch operates more like a potentiometer).

That won't work (try it and see; that's the beauty of simulations :) ).
You could add two more switches: one in parallel with S1 and the other in parallel with S2. Then use model statements ms3, ms4 incorporating those negative values for vt (but +ve values for vh, otherwise the switch operates more like a potentiometer).

Done! Yes, i have tried and solved the problem already.
Thanks a lot

Hello Guys,

I have a similar problem to solve. May you help me how to connect switch/es to control Capacitor's charge and discharge to the upper and lower limits? lets say I need to charge the cap to 8V, then connect to ground for discharging to 4V and then again connect a switch to charge up to 8V and so on. Should be a loop between 8V and 4V using its own voltage for monitoring.

Thanks

Is this a school/college assignment, Artiom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back