Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to rwgulate the white "noise"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Hi Not sure this is in the correct category but anyways...

i got a 37' LCD from LG. My problem is that when i look at TV i gett nois when the screen is withe. Im using a scart from my satelite decoder, is there any way to regulate the withe level?

The noise only occurse when im using my sat decoder NOT when i look at DVD (also via scart).

The nois is a sound that (i would think ) is about 100 - 500 Hz and it dosen't matter if i mute the TV or not its always there (when all white or brigth colors)

can anyone advice me on what to do?

Presumably it's mechanical noise from the inverter or PSU - as it's at a low frequency it may be the PSU is 'hunting' and putting ripple on the output.

Unless it's particularly loud, it may be 'normal' and within design limits.

Well Nigel its quite loud. enough too "shout" over TV audio when i look at the TV and have a low volume on. And since its only when i use my Sat decoder i was thinking it might bee that the decoder puts out a withe signal thats too high.

Common problems are capacitors going high ESR, you may have some that have done just that - worth looking inside see if you can see any with bulging tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back