Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to run a brushless motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejector

hello every,
i have many cd-rom and dvd-rom but i want to run their brushless motors at their top speed using their driver ics in the cd-rom and dvd-rom. I want to run this motor for my plane. So please some one tell schematic how to connect the driver ic and motor,so that the motor continuously run at its top speed. One of my cd-rom has an8084sbb driver ic. Others will also the same configuration.
Please tell me the schematic to just run the motor.
Thanks

Last edited:
it would drive the propeller. It is brushless and light weight. That's why i am thinking to use it. Please tell me how to run it? I tried once but fail that's why i'm asking here.

How does a CD-ROM motor fit in a plane? What would it drive?

Yeah, they actually hack these little motors and convert them WYE to DELTA windings and power them with LiPo batteries in small planes. I guess it is a pretty popular hack. This link has some good pictures and a write up on doing it as well as dozens of Google hits.

The trick is converting the tiny motor. Then using a PIC to drive some MOSFETS to drive the motor. The problem you have Ejector, just like your last thread is that doing this requires hacking the little motor as the link suggest. I would bet the reason the last attempt failed was because you were trying to run the motor off chips designed to read the feedback from the hall effect sensors.

Ron

Yeah! i think you are absolutely right. i'm Gonna follow the link today. But let me check if it tells me to design the driver. But Thanks a lot Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back