Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to repair solar mushroom lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I have 12 solar mushroom lights in the yard. 7 of them won't come on anymore. If I remove the battery then put it back in the slot the LED comes ON for 2 seconds then goes OFF. Every time I pull out the battery and put it back in the LED comes ON for 2 seconds then goes off. Contacts look like brand new so I sanded them anyway. Checked the battery and it is fully charged. Swapped the battery and still I have the same problem LED stays ON for only 2 seconds. All 7 lights have the same problem.

Anyone know how to fix these?

before I threw mine in the garbage after cannibalizing them, I took them apart and removed the spiders nests, bugs and the corrosion and resealed the circuits, they then worked for a little while longer. also try a brand new regular alkaline battery just to test them, but don't forget to put the rechargeable battery back in :)

Not sure if this is what you have but, Just had an exact problem with one of these cheap yingyang LED lamps. In my case it used two batteries in series and as I'd take either Batt out & back in, the led would stay on for a second and would go out. It turned out to be one of the freaking batts that was causing the problem--rather strange.

The rechargables are actually 1.2 volts and apparently can not deviate much from that! While they both appeared to be charged, one measured about 1.2V while the other would measure around 1.12V? You'd think why would that make a difference on such a little crap ckt but it sure did! Apparently it is too sensitive of a circuit & batts are good for about two years?

I had a solar rock lamp, same sort of thing, the battery contacts just pushed up against the circuit board and made contact, it went manky, soldering the contacts to the board kept it going for another year.

Temporarily try a non rechargeable battery, if the lamp lights then you batteries are suspect.

I took the light apart it is driven by a QX5252 https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/11/FPD7K7KGRFNEHI2.pdf

There is nothing on the PC circuit board to go wrong like capacitors. Click the link and read how it works. It has under voltage shutdown, NO low voltage LED blinking. If the LED will come on after dark for a few seconds then shut off the problem is the battery it is not taking a charge. Test the unit with a new Alkaline Battery. A New reghargable battery will fix the problem. Low voltage is .9 volts.

Which is cheaper, new rechargable battery or new mushroom light?

Last edited:
Just like what I had. Another light is really not gonna change anything other than buying time. You can expect about a 2 year life out of these yingyang batteries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back