Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to remove Etch resist (black track)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Hi

I have managed to create my PCB board for the first time using Press and Peel but I am struggling to remove the etch resist (Black tracks). Can you please advise me how to remove them? So that I can move on to drill the PCB boards.

I look forward to hear from you asap

MM

Acetone (nail polish remover) works great. Some people leave the toner on, vaporizes when soldered. Easier to drill with it on as well...

My favorite chemical is xylene or toluene, much like xylol or tolulol. Slower than acetone so you have longer to dissolve stuff.

The black tracks, are toner, which is a sort of plastic. I knew since I was a child, that Acetone really eats most plastics, so that was my first choice, works effortlessly. I just soak a little into a paper towel, black wipes right off, no rubbing or scrubbing. It will probably come off with some scrubbing with something like a Scotchbrite pad, or even sand paper, if you are careful, and don't take off the copper (kind of thin).

Acetone is cheap and easy to get, most hardware stores carry it in the paint section. Most any drug store, department store, or grocery has nail polish remover (check the label), or ask most any female, and you could likely get some free, the polish remover... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back