Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read from the ADC port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lac

I'm currently building a cooling system where im planing to use a thermistor connected to a MC ADC-port, im familiar with the hardware and general coding, but the commands to read from the ADC port and how to use the data read, are unknow to me. Any help would be appriciated. Links too.

thanks in advance.

Lac said:
I'm currently building a cooling system where im planing to use a thermistor connected to a MC ADC-port, im familiar with the hardware and general coding, but the commands to read from the ADC port and how to use the data read, are unknow to me. Any help would be appriciated. Links too.

It's not very clear what type of processor you are refering to?. Assuming MC means MicroChip?, my tutorials explain how to do it.

hi
i got ur PICtutorials.SUPPOSE i want run the LCD then how can i do programm on that i mean to say that what will be the required programm for that.reply im on line.

You can fake the ADC on the 628 if you already have that chip.

See Nigel's joystick tutorial.

Use a cap to ground and the thermistor to VCC, connect the other two ends together and to a pin on the uC. Ground the pin (make that pin an output), then flip it to an input and read it in a loop. The number of highs will give you a value for the current temp (how long the cap took to charge).

Sounds cheap but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back