Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to protect the circuit from relay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

The relay is used to drive heavy load..
So how to protect the timer circuit from relay transient and sparks.. and induction of the coil..

The timer circuit is used to drive relay at regular interval !

You already have a freewheel diode across the relay coil. A snubber circuit across the relay contacts would provide further interference suppression.

i think you talk about disturbance / interference. you can use a remote relay / contactor far from your controller or near to your load, this remote relay can be switched via another small relay in the controller.

thanks friend for reply !

i think you talk about disturbance / interference. you can use a remote relay / contactor far from your controller or near to your load, this remote relay can be switched via another small relay in the controller.

can we use transistor ....

or why should we use small relay can you explain me friend...

or why should we use small relay can you explain me friend...

when you break the load current there will be some interference. That is why you have to keep the relay near to the load far from your controller, also better to use another small relay to switch the load relay. it will give you good isolation. (small relay will handle less current only to switch the main relay)

you can still try to use the transistor & locate the relay far, some time you will have to keep two relays (both) far from your controller to get away from the disturbance. try and find out which works for you.

Which one will be the best : Transistor or Small relay according to your experience ... friend...

If you want to reduce the contact arc place a .1 uF (metalized film cap if possible) cap in series with a 47 Ohm 1/2 watt carbon resistor and place that combination in parallel (across) the relay contacts. Commonly called a RC Snubber Circuit. A Google of RC Snubber will bring up all you need to know.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back