Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to prevent reading the contents of Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

premkumar9

Hi,
How can I prevent others reading the contents of my 89C52 Microcontroller? Are the lock bits meant for that? My programmer is supplied with an application where there is provision for programming these bits. But still I am able to read the contents in the MC.

Hi,
How can I prevent others reading the contents of my 89C52 Microcontroller? Are the lock bits meant for that? My programmer is supplied with an application where there is provision for programming these bits. But still I am able to read the contents in the MC.
Yes.It is working. I am able to lock the contents:)

which programmer are u using, i think if ur programmer correctly sets the lock bits u would not be able to read the contents any longer.

which programmer are u using, i think if ur programmer correctly sets the lock bits u would not be able to read the contents any longer.

For the 89C2051 MC, when I locked the contents by programming LB1 and LB2 through my programmer, the MC is not working in the circuit. How can I make it working while preventing others from reading the contents? Can it be done through the software? I am doing the programming in C using KEIL compiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back