Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to prepare a k-map??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam288

Does anybody know how to prepare a k-map..or deduce the boolean expressions for a state table having 6 inputs and 2 present and next states...??

i have the state table...and as far as i know we make a k-map for getting the boolean expressions...

Can you provide a little more information?
How many fundamental variables do you need? ....ABCDEF?
Are you using flip-flops .... what kind?
... Not sure what you mean by 2 present and next states.

i have 6 inputs,3 outputs...and 4 states which can be represented by 2 bits.. so i think it will be an 8 variable k-map...for each of the 3 o/ps and 2 variables representing next state..
Is there any easy method to get the boolean expressions,,,or do i have to make an 8 variable k-map....??

INPUTS PRESENT NEXT OUTPUTS
STATE STATE
m e a b c d P1 P0 P1* P0* u d s

INPUTS--------PRESENT-----NEXT---OUTPUTS
---------------STATE-------STATE
====================================
m e a b c d.......P1 P0..........P1* P0*....u d s

I am trying to classify your objective .... as to what kind of standard problem it is.
Would you describe it as a non-sequential counter? .... That is, you have a group of variables, and with each clock pulse, the variable group changes in value, going to the next subsequent state.
For example, 000001 .... 001110 ....111000 ... and so on, changing with each clock pulse.

Do you see any similarity here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back