Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to power 24vac bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weetsie

i want to power a halogen bulb on either 12V or 24V DC.

the bulb is rated 250W 24VAC so i assume i need a 24VAC inverter that outputs at least 11A, is that right? and if so where would i obtain such an inverter? thanks.

i want to power a halogen bulb on either 12V or 24V DC.

the bulb is rated 250W 24VAC so i assume i need a 24VAC inverter that outputs at least 11A, is that right? and if so where would i obtain such an inverter? thanks.

hi,
If its 24Vac RMS rated halogen lamp it will work on 24Vdc.

All incandescent lamps will work from either AC or DC.

There is some evidence that lamp life is slightly longer with AC power than DC but it's negligible.

It's not rocket science.

The filament is just a resistive element which heats up when current passes through it. It doesn't matter which direction the current is flowing, it will still heat up so you can use either AC or DC, providing the voltage (therefore the current) is the same as its rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back