Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to organize electronic components

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh cool! im about to mod my modem. I bought it when working at radioshack heh.. its a Motorola SB5101... I want to add a LCD on the SIDE... like use a small PIC or ARM to read the LED light states... but i think they are PWM'ed so i might have to make a filter to stablize it when on and off when off. .. I get real bored so i tend to take everything apart

My printer is on top of my PC and PC has no side case to keep it cooler... heh but its laying down also.. and i have external burner :)

That's good organization if you ask me Atomsoft, you don't have to have everything labeled specifically, but keeping like things together even if you have to search through a few bins is fine.

yeah... i label them because of when i reorder parts... they have part numbers i can simply enter them in and poof! im set. instead of guessing which i ordered from mouser...

It's sometimes an advantage to be smoker.

My favorite brand was "Tabatip" cigarillos in Germany which were sold in plastic boxes with lid measuring 15X10X3cm.

I collected all empty boxes for some years and when I opened my electronic shop I made a wooden closet containing 640 of those boxes to stow away the stuff free of dust. (I got 200 empty boxes free of charge by the cigarillo manufacturer to fill the closet.)

With those dimensions it's not a problem to stow away heavy duty transistors (e.g. 2N3055) in large numbers. For smaller parts (like diodes) I glued acrylic glass dividers into the boxes to stow away up to eight items.

The front of the box was big enough to carry name tags.

Boncuk

drawers and envelopes ( coin envelopes )

I like small drawers, but they are expensive, take a lot of space, and take time to set up. Small envolopes ( paper, easy to write on, not much of a static problem ) are much cheaper and more compact ( of course you have to put them in something too ). I use both. About 100 envelopes per row in a drawer. Some pictures:

Attachments

• Env1a.JPG
    Env1a.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 212
  • SmallDrawa.JPG
    SmallDrawa.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 232
  • Env2a.JPG
    Env2a.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 204
Woah.

Russ, that is some serious stock.

Do you have any form of electronic or even paper location system?

Wow that is a lot of stuff. I like the middle picture. It reminds me of the city... nice tall buildings heh...

It looks neat. Im sure you are around it enough to know where everything is. I dont catalog anything anymore... only ICs heh...

I need to start tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back