Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure the output current

Status
Not open for further replies.
Measure Amps as follows:

Note, this is at the low voltage side of the charger.

+ (charger) to 10Amp terminal(DMM).
Common terminal(DMM) to load(cellphone battery).
Leave negative (-) as is.

Measure volts

+ to volts terminal.
- to common terminal.

This might be trivial but keep in mind that the insertion of the current measurement instrument (likely to be a DMM) may result in a change in the operation of the load - since a slight but measurable voltage drop can result. As already implied - measure the current and voltage - and I would encourage measuring both at the same time (requring a second DMM or other meter).

My teacher in high school taught and demonstrated how to use a multimeter.
My neighbour also demonstrated how to use a multimeter.

Years ago, universities had professors who actually taught the students, not a puppet lecturer who just reads stuff like today.
Students asked the prof questions that were answered by him, not by guys on a forum.
What has become of education today???

There are numerous publications that do a great job at explaining how to make these measurements. The publications may be in the form of a book, journal or magazine article or on-line source. If you are attending a university I would expect the library to have plenty of these publications. I would encourage you to review several of these. They are likely to offer a complete picture with diagrams and explanations that match the diagrams. You might still have a few questions that can be handled by the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back