Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How To Make Use of a 3G Usb Modem As an Ethernet Modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blcksea

Hello,

I want to attach my 3g usb modem to my laptop through etkernet socket. So that use it as if it is an ethernet modem.
Usb to ethernet converter is useless, since the 3g usb modem can not power it up through the converter.
Any ideas are highly appreciated.

I'm going to use it as a component for a particular project/circuit. The project just needs an internet connection via ethernet pins and works fine with standard ADSL modem ethernet cable. However, I want to use a 3G modem instead. Isn't there any way to make it work without drivers installed? If there is not, how can I make the usb modem use the driver files which are installed on an external memory unit such as an MMC card?

I'm going to use it as a component for a particular project/circuit. The project just needs an internet connection via ethernet pins and works fine with standard ADSL modem ethernet cable. However, I want to use a 3G modem instead. Isn't there any way to make it work without drivers installed? If there is not, how can I make the usb modem use the driver files which are installed on an external memory unit such as an MMC card?

You need it plugged in a PC to work, the drivers run on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back