Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make this

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmarin

hi all
does somebody know a circuit that makes this:
(with leads or other bulbs)

**broken link removed**

Yes. I know several ways to do that.

Those are typical xenon strobe circuits. They are also illegal in the US for those not in law enforcement.

I´m not from US...
i need this to put in a kart with a 12V bat... (so , nothing illegal here) just some guys having fun while karting :)
i also have instaled a siren, it looks great going after my mates :)
these lights would complete the scenery :)

so, can you help with a circuit...

so that it doesn't sound like you are asking for a total freebie what is your basic circuit design what have you found so far?

rs1

Auto supply stores sell ready made ones--- you can get either xenon strobe or the ultra-brite LED type. In the US they are legal for use on certain vehicles. Highway construction vehicles use them as well as fire and other emergency personnel vehicles. They are not limited to just law enforcement. Even private snow plowers use them... more often they opt for the flashing amber strobes. I believe the website at Univ. of Guelph has a circuit that you can build submitted by Tony vanRoon. It alternately flashes your existing headlamps.

The hardware solution is two oscilators with about a 6:1 frequency ratio. The fast one flashes the lights and the slow one is used to select left or right. Run these to a decoder and the flash oscillator goes to either the left circuit or the right circuit.

I guess you could also use a single oscilllator, a divide by six counter and a decoder. Same idea really, but then the two signals would be syncronous.

Last edited:
i did this with quite few components

2 x 555 timers, 1 had a fast speed for the quick strobe effect, the other had the left and right...

i then had a couple of AND gates and 2 transistors... 30 blue led's in each unit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back