Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make exact pcb size for etching..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

hello friends..

I have attached the pcb layout in my attachment ...

But it is very big in size and it doesn't fit it's actual size..

I want to etch this circuit on pcb so how do I make it an actual size with suit's all size of the required components..

Thats not an Eagle file, thats a pdf. file. The text in the attachment says it's actual size. It should work as is.

Thats not an Eagle file, thats a pdf. file. The text in the attachment says it's actual size. It should work as is.
Ya ! i know it's pdf. file but it is very big according to it's components size..
I have attached another component layout pcb...

I wonder if you were the one who made the board layout or you just downloaded it.

I think it's also your first time to etch using a layout in the .pdf format.

The .pdf format does not give you the exact size for the components. You may try resizing it and it will only give you a match for the length or the width but not for both.

The best thing to do here is to export the .pdf file in adobe photoshop and there you can edit the needed length and width for the board.

:)

Ya ! i know it's pdf. file but it is very big according to it's components size..
I have attached another component layout pcb...

I printed your file out from the PDF with the PDF set at 100% ( actual size)
there was no problem with pin alignment on the IC's or the transistors
The resistors, caps and diodes etc can handle a bit of variation anyway

Dave

Hi :D

The distance per pin for the IC is 2.54 mm.
Printing the pdf file in 100 percent would not give you that distance unless there is a "secret" that we do not know.
Printing it in "102 percent", you would get the actual length you desire for your components but NOT the actual width.

m8

The .pdf format does not give you the exact size for the components. You may try resizing it and it will only give you a match for the length or the width but not for both.
Disagree. Most image resizing software (the free ones) does have an options saying "keep aspect ratio when resizing", or you can hold Shift down when manually resizing.

Hi Grossel :)

What we have here posted by yusuf is a pdf file.
I opened it using adobe reader.
Resizing it holding the shift key doesn't work.
Adobe reader does not also have the option "keep aspect ratio when resizing".

What image resizing software can he use? It might help yusuf fix his problem in case he does not have the eagle files. Although, I believe it's best to do what 3v0 said.

What image resizing software can he use?
SumatraPDF (free pdf-reader download) has a zoom function, including an 'actual size' option and a custom size.

Hi.

Yes, Sumatra will resize. meowth08, I thing you get it wrong when you're reffering to Adobe reader. It is just not a tool that is suitable for that.
To resize in order to print, you can use eg. IrfanView and copy/paste from the adobe program view. Then crop the picture so it match the outer edges. Then print it and manually enter it's size on paper.
If Irfanview doesn't do, just try the same with FSIV or XnView.

Also Gimp should be suitable to this. If there is a known size picture for references, then this image could be placed as a separate layer and then resized correctly to match the reference picture. That is if such a thing exists.

Yes we are on the same side. It's not for resizing.
I used adobe reader and it does not give the actual size needed.
But I always save it that way for etching.
But an extra step of exporting the pdf file to the adobe photoshop is needed before printing.

I'll try to download one software you mentioned. Resizing option for a pdf viewer is a good function.
m8

Last edited:
Hi :D

The distance per pin for the IC is 2.54 mm.
Printing the pdf file in 100 percent would not give you that distance unless there is a "secret" that we do not know.
Printing it in "102 percent", you would get the actual length you desire for your components but NOT the actual width.

m8

Well As said
I printed it out and the LSI chip pins matched perfectly wit hthe pad holes when done at 100%

that said its all irrelevent anyway the OP said he was using eagle so where's the problem ??

D

Last edited:
the OP said he was using eagle so where's the problem ??
The problem is that the pdf image shows a circuit as printed on a magazine page; apparently not a circuit produced by the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back