Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make a wireless light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirefly

does any one know how to make an inexpensive wireless light, UV light ect, any light that will glow at night and preferably red or gold color. I want to make one to put on my bicycle wheel but don't know how to make one. Any help will be appreciated.

Tirefly said:
does any one know how to make an inexpensive wireless light, UV light ect, any light that will glow at night and preferably red or gold color. I want to make one to put on my bicycle wheel but don't know how to make one. Any help will be appreciated.

What do you mean by 'wireless light', a torch is that!.

If you mean a light without using electricity at all, there are a number of ways of doing it, mainly chemical ones. Before electricity carbide lamps were commonly used for lighting, and still are by potholers. But any way you do it is going to consume something!.

Nigel, could Tirefly mount a solar cell on his/her bike tire and use NiCAD cells? Then, (assuming he/she rides his/her bike in the day or stores it in sunlight) the solar cell can be charging the NiCAD cells during the day, and the light (Super bright LED?) can be powered from the cells at night. That would work right?

Electric Rain said:
Nigel, could Tirefly mount a solar cell on his/her bike tire and use NiCAD cells? Then, (assuming he/she rides his/her bike in the day or stores it in sunlight) the solar cell can be charging the NiCAD cells during the day, and the light (Super bright LED?) can be powered from the cells at night. That would work right?

I don't see any reason why not!. Obviously it all depends on many factors how well it would work.

Hey, tirefly, how did it go? I think me and Nigel want to know. (Or... maybe just me. :lol: )

Rain

here's one that could have a solar cell added for recharging a battery.

**broken link removed**

once the circuit is proven, it could be mounted inside a reflector, and sealed up, giving passive funtionality if the batteries go flat.

couldn't you mound a magnet on the part that holds the tire on to the bike and have a coil attached to a led on the wheel itself so when the tire goes around makes a colapsing field, like the ones they use in those flashlights you shake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back