Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make a spice model

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitpj

hii.. i wnt to learn how to make a spice model language because i want build tps54260 and now i am using proteus design tool for this so help me guys..

That is a very complex part. Creating a Spice model from scratch is a very time-consuming, arduous task.

Register on TI's web site and see if you can use their SwitcherPro to do your task

Hi there,

There are programs that help you to do this but they are a bit expensive, and also require many measurements to get it right. I doubt you would want to go through all that.
It does help to know the part well, in which case sometimes you can sit down and write a spice file yourself that models what you really need and maybe not every single aspect of the device. A very simple example of this would be to model a transistor as a perfect switch with some series resistance, which would work in certain restricted analysis scenarios.

he MRAL

Tell me that program name .... now i thought of doing this wat ever it may be ... i will do it

u only hep me so that i will go in correct direction...

Hello again,

Do a search on "SpiceMod" and see what comes up. You'll have to check if this will work for your product too i guess. I havent used this program yet so i have limited info on it right now but you can read up on it.

You might be able to make one from the drawing their data sheet shows, this is often possible as long as they give enough data on the internal workings of the unit. You could probably model the major features if you have ever made a model of a converter before. If you havent it may be worthwhile for you to make a simpler spice model first and make sure it works.
Now that i see the data sheet im not sure if there is going to be a program that will make a model of that ic because it has a lot of features. You'd probably have to do each internal part yourself separately, using built in MOSFETs and op amps.
I did several models of ic's in the past but it does take time to get all the internal parts in there and working right and making sure it converges.

Would it be enough to work with a regular buck converter to start with and see what happens?

Last edited:
Good evening, all people. I need help with Spice Model CMOS CD4026 and CD4033. Thank's for any help.

hi,
One option is make an 'hierarchical' model using the IC libraries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back