Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make a driver for a new hardware in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohseni

Dear members,

who knows how can I programe a driver for a new simple harware which was made me via usb port or RS232? I don't know I should start from where? programming with C/c++ is it ok? should I make a new dll? please lead me on right direction and introduce some useful references.Tnx

The only online example I know of is **broken link removed**. The source is provided along with an explanation of how it gets around the various operating systems. I hope you have a good grasp of the Windows API.

Mike.

Last edited:
What do you want a driver for? I mean, for what hardware?
How is your programming experience?
Many, many very experienced programmers have trouble with Windows drivers. The topic requires volumns of books, and can't be treated in a thread. MSN has alot of good infor online. But I understand that they don't give away their driver development kits (DDK) anymore, but rather charge for it. Aside from that, the process of creating a driver changes wth each new incarnation of Windows.

If you want one for a simple interface, say a parallel port, then the inpout23.dll mentioned above will work for you. If you want one for USB, you might be able to use the HID driver that ships with Windows. There are products that help you utilize the HID. If you're really interested, I'll see if I can look them up, but I think they have a cost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back