Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make 12 Volts regulated battery pack from 4S LiPo battery pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mega128

Hi all,

I bought a telescope that requires 12V 1500mA power supply. I would like to make a battery pack that powers it up without the need of external power supply. Even it comes with car battery cable I would like to make my power tank using Lithium batteries because they are light in weight and I have to place battery pack on the rotating shelf without worrying about the cord being tangled when telescope moves.

I would like to connect 4S (14.8V) battery, what I can do to regulate the output to 12V? If I use LM7812 it only allows 1A max. Please suggest some simple circuit so that I can power my telescope. Also, I have a very good charger for LiPos so I don't have to worry about charging the pack.

Thanks all

First, are you sure you need to reduce the voltage at all? I'll bet that the telescope runs just fine on 14V. If you are anal, and want to reduce the voltage, just use two 2A to 5A silicon rectifiers is series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back