Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to line up source code with assembly code in the debugger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naseeam

My target board is running Freesacle MPC5500 based Microcontroller. I have Trace32 debugger connected to the target board and my desktop computer.
I built my application elf file and loaded in the internal flash memory of the MPC5500 Microcontroller. My application assembly code lines up with the source code in the debugger but the libraries source code that my application linked don't line up with the assembly code.

I am using the following Trace32 command to find out where the debugger is fetching source code from:

symbol.list.source

The reason library source code doesn't line up with the assembly source code is because debugger is not fetching library source code from the clearcase view that was used to build the application elf file. I build the elf file in H: directory. Application source code that lines up with the assembly code is being fetched from H: directory. That's because it was compiled in H: directory.
However, one library source code is being fetched from Y: drive. Another library source code is being fetched from F: drive.
I think library code is being fetched from drives that were used to compile the library. Since I didn't compile libraries in my H: drive, debugger is not fetching them from H: drive.

So, I know exactly what the problem is but I dont' know how to solve it.

How do I tell debugger to fetch library source code from H: drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back