Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to interface . . . . ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasleh2

Dear All :

I have a question :

how can i make an interface

between a PIC16f877 with two servo motors ?

and

From where can i get a motor with torque

can load approximately 500 gram , with 70 rpm ?

PICs will drive servomotors directly. You need a program that will output a pulse about 0.5 - 1.5 ms long, every 20 ms. 0.5 ms will give one end of travel, 1.5 ms the other end.

The voltage levels output by a PIC running on 5V are just right to drive a servo.

Power for the servo is 5V and is left on all the time, not controlled by the PIC.

Isn't a Servo pulse typically 1.0 to 2.0 msecs long with a 1.5 msec pulse placing the Servo in the "middle" of its travel?

Yes, of course it is 1-2 msec. Also I'm not sure a R/C type servo is correct for what the OP was asking for as he specified a 70 rpm speed and unless a R/C servo is modified it will not turn continously.

There is a difference between a servo motor (one element of a servo system) and a R/C servo device (a self contained servo system).

Lefty

Leftyretro said:
Yes, of course it is 1-2 msec. Also I'm not sure a R/C type servo is correct for what the OP was asking for as he specified a 70 rpm speed and unless a R/C servo is modified it will not turn continously.

There is a difference between a servo motor (one element of a servo system) and a R/C servo device (a self contained servo system).

Yes, basically there's far too little information in the original question.

thanks to all,

but my quistion was about interfacing not programming.

How can i konw required elements such as resistors,inductors and capacitors needed?

and i know that i have to put Hbridge . . . . .

BUT HOW TO INTERFACE BETWEEN PIC AND MOTORS CIRCUITLY ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back