Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Interface DTMF generator with Telephone Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

vik1501

Dear friends, :p

I have build a dtmf generator and want to i/f that with telephone line for autodialing.

Can anybody show me the way out ? :roll:

Can you show us your schematic?

In most cases it is done using 1:1 (600 Ohm) phone coupling transformer.

Kinjalgp

How do I download schematic ? I am using a transformer typically found in epabx system. I am using 0.1uF cap in series with coil winding as follows. I have tried to put this in following format. I hope u understand !!

Can u suggest some tools ?

(GND)
------[100k]----[100k]----(VCC)
|
|_________________+ of LM324<3>
tone signal <1> tip
fr mt8888 ------coil xf --[0.1uF]---
----------->[ 0.1uF ]----> [ 1k ] __- of LM324<2> | () ()
| | () ()
| | () ()
----[var 47K]---------- |GND ------ring

( Amplifier using LM324 )

0.1uf is used to isolate dc level on either side. Non inverting i/p is provided with voltage divider to set dc voltage at 2.5V.

Gain is adjustable

I did some jugglery as above :? and tried to see the numbers on caller id device. The nos are displayed incorrectly. Nos 8,9,1,5 are not seen at all when i tried to send tone sequence 012345678901... on line

Regards & thanks

vik1501 said:
Kinjalgp

How do I download schematic ? I am using a transformer typically found in epabx system. I am using 0.1uF cap in series with coil winding as follows. I have tried to put this in following format. I hope u understand !!

Can u suggest some tools ?

(GND)
------[100k]----[100k]----(VCC)
|
|_________________+ of LM324<3>
tone signal <1> tip
fr mt8888 ------coil xf --[0.1uF]---
----------->[ 0.1uF ]----> [ 1k ] __- of LM324<2> | () ()
| | () ()
| | () ()
----[var 47K]---------- |GND ------ring

( Amplifier using LM324 )

0.1uf is used to isolate dc level on either side. Non inverting i/p is provided with voltage divider to set dc voltage at 2.5V.

Gain is adjustable

I did some jugglery as above :? and tried to see the numbers on caller id device. The nos are displayed incorrectly. Nos 8,9,1,5 are not seen at all when i tried to send tone sequence 012345678901... on line

Regards & thanks

Oh ! I did it !!

The problem was one port pin of microcontroller was bad. It was remaining at VCC level all the time. Hence wrong o/p from dtmf generator. :shock:

Thanks to all those who kept scratching their heads....Now no need to do that friends !!!
:p :p :p

I do the drawings that I post in PowerPoint. You save them initially as a .ppt and, when ready to post, Save as a .gif. There are various options in the "Save as" window one of which is .gif.

Len

hi :)
i have same problem please send for me schematic if it is possible
thank

vik1501 said:
Oh ! I did it !!

The problem was one port pin of microcontroller was bad. It was remaining at VCC level all the time. Hence wrong o/p from dtmf generator. :shock:

Thanks to all those who kept scratching their heads....Now no need to do that friends !!!
:p :p :p

Hey i have the same problem could anybody send me the schematic to interface to the telephone line . im using a pic16f84a and dtmf generator Tp5088 ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back