Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Interface audio Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanddune008

Hi,

Application:
Record sound over a mic store and send the recorded data to the speaker on demand.

Can someone give a brief how this can be achieved?

It would be great if someone can point me to an existing project.

Can someone point me to the datasheets available.

Regards,
Sanny

Thanks for your time..........

If I were to connect external speakers like the head phone will this IC be enough?

Doubt:
What will be the compression format used?

I will be inferfacing this to an microcontroller which will send the audio data to the audio jack.

I see MP3 or MPEG2.5 audio codecs?What will be the advantages of following codecs over the IC mentioned.

Regards,

How good will be the quality of recording and play back using above mentioned IC?....
Will there be any other means to improve the quality if so?

Thanks in advance

It depends on the sample rate.

There are ICs on that page with sample rates ranging from 4kHz to 48kHz, which goes from poorer than telephone to CD quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back