Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to install a subwoofer in my car????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

malekos1986

i have bought a mutant subwoofer and i wanna know if i need an amplifier too. it's 250watt, 4 ohms 12". i wanna buy one but i do not know which one.

I looks like you've just wasted your money, unless you have an expensive amplifier that's run from a boost converter, there's no way you've be able to drive 250W into it.

Search Google, there has to be a site somewhere for those window-rattling-S.O.B.s to share ideas on how to annoy homeowners and other motorists. Fortunately, the police started chasing them down about a year ago now, kind of rare in my neighborhood now.

Either there are some cheap ways to do this, or these guys sink all their money into it, considering the crappy cars they tend to drive around here.

Personally, I wouldn't think packing that much power into a small space would be good for your hearing, even with the earplugs I see them wearing...

I looked in Google.
The Mutant MT1205 subwoofer is entry level. You know what that means. CHEEP, very CHEEP, Cheap and very Cheap!

It was redesigned in 2006.
It is rated at 250 Whats or only 120 RMS real Watts. It has poor sensitivity.
It costs 38.99 pounds including VAT at full list price but is frequently sold for less.

Many 250W car amplifiers produce only 50 RMS real Watts. Beware.

ok then.my friend i bought it from ebay 15 british pounds. do you now any webpage that i can buy an amplifier and a subwoofer online???

If your speaker is the new version then you need an amplifier with a power into a 4 ohm speaker of 120 RMS Watts to 200 RMS Watts. Sometimes they say the power when it is turned up way too loud and the output is nothing but distortion. Look carefully at the spec's.
I am not in Britain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back