Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase the Speed of the Stepper Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssnickson

I m using L239D driver to drive my stepper motor. My motor rotate very slow. 30sec/rotation. How to increase the speed of my motor. Have tried reduce the delay loop to increase but it doesnt work. I need your advice and help on this.Thanks

What voltage are you feeding it from?, the L239 drops a LOT of voltage if I recall correctly?.

A normal stepper motor should do a revolution per second without taking any special measures.

What voltage are you feeding it from?, the L239 drops a LOT of voltage if I recall correctly?.

A normal stepper motor should do a revolution per second without taking any special measures.

I m using Unipolar motor. Its a 12V motor
I have connect connect 12v to Vs and 5V to Vss for L239

My motor rotate very very slow

Here's what I've used various times:

Using a 12V stepper motor (from a 5.25" floppy) running off the 5V supply, easily gives one rev per second.

Try decreasing the stop delay slowly, and make sure your step sequence is correct.

Here's what I've used various times:

Using a 12V stepper motor (from a 5.25" floppy) running off the 5V supply, easily gives one rev per second.

Try decreasing the stop delay slowly, and make sure your step sequence is correct.

Hey thanks alot i went through the tutorial
But my doubt is will there be problem becos i connect my Motor directly to my Motor Driver. If i m not wrong this connection should be inside the Driver motor rite?

The L239D is more suited for bipolar steppers, but as far as I'm aware it can be used for unipolar as well, although you're wasting half of the chip. Post a drawing of how you've connected it all up.

Are you guys sure it isn't a L293d chip? If it is don't you have to change the frequency of the input signal to make the motor step/turn faster? That's the way most stepper drivers work. Also the L293d has 600mA output where a L293 has 1A output.

My Circuit and Datasheet

The L239D is more suited for bipolar steppers, but as far as I'm aware it can be used for unipolar as well, although you're wasting half of the chip. Post a drawing of how you've connected it all up.

I have attached my Circuit diagram and also my Driver & Motor's datasheet for your reference. Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Motor driver (L29&.pdf
    862.1 KB · Views: 543
  • Final..png
    Final..png
    17.3 KB · Views: 585
  • Astrosyn..pdf
    126.9 KB · Views: 303
I see you've now changed the number of the driver chip :D

The circuit looks reasonable, what about your code?.

Rotate1 MOVLW B'00001000'
MOVWF PORTC
call Delay
MOVLW B'00000100'
MOVWF PORTC
call Delay
MOVLW B'00000010'
MOVWF PORTC
call Delay
MOVLW B'00000001'
MOVWF PORTC
call Delay
goto ACWTurn

This is the loop i m using to turn the motor
I even tired to play around with my Delay

Delay

DECFSZ CounterH
goto Delay
DECFSZ CounterL
goto Delay
return

CounterH and L i tried changing to 0x02 but still the same speed

You need to sort your delay out, so you know what the delay actually is, and understand how to adjust it's delay - altering BOTH isn't going to work correctly.

right now i am working on stepper motor and i want to increase stepper motor rpm up to 1000 and i am using 1.8 step angle stepper motor, so plz tell me how to increase stepper motor speed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back