Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to increase R/C Car Tx/Rx range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir_ali

Hello all,
i want to build an R/c Airplane using Tx and Rx of R/c car But the problem is very low range of R/c Cars. i read much about on how to increase the range of R/c Cars. all i got is there are two ways to increase the range of R/x Cars.
1st one is to increase the length of antenna of Tx. and
the 2nd way is to increase the power to the Tx power.
the 1st method is easy which i can do. but the 2nd one is a bit difficult. can some tell me the way to increase the power to the Tx Circuit?
normally Tx circuit contains a Tx-2B ic circuit. and circuit of Tx of R/c car can be found on Ic's datasheet.
please help me

Thanks

Hello all,
i want to build an R/c Airplane using Tx and Rx of R/c car But the problem is very low range of R/c Cars. i read much about on how to increase the range of R/c Cars. all i got is there are two ways to increase the range of R/x Cars.
1st one is to increase the length of antenna of Tx. and
the 2nd way is to increase the power to the Tx power.
the 1st method is easy which i can do. but the 2nd one is a bit difficult. can some tell me the way to increase the power to the Tx Circuit?
normally Tx circuit contains a Tx-2B ic circuit. and circuit of Tx of R/c car can be found on Ic's datasheet.
please help me

NO - NO - NO - NO

Aircraft use a different band for safety reasons, you MUST NOT use a car R/C for an aircraft, if you did yoiu would be criminally liable for any accidents caused.

Buy and use a proper licenced aircraft system!.

The RC car transmitters have a range of about 300 ft the airplane transmitter has a range of about 1/4 mile. The transmitters are cheap buy one on ebay.

My dear the range of a transmitter is up to us that much we power the transmitter.as we power the transmitter the extends its range.

My dear the range of a transmitter is up to us that much we power the transmitter.as we power the transmitter, transmitter the extends its range.

My dear the range of a transmitter is up to us that much we power the transmitter.as we power the transmitter, transmitter the extends its range.
No you are limited by the power handling capabilitys of the output stage. The RC car will use a small output transmiter and a RC plane will use a biger one. The small one no matter how much you modify it will still never be as good as the big one.

Cultural Dictionary

You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear definition

It is impossible to make something excellent from poor material.

You can't do what you want to do.

Ron

Antennas are cut to a specific length for proper operation. You can not increase power by making an antenna longer, in fact you would most likely reduce Tx output, and also, please don't call me dear :)

Antennas are cut to a specific length for proper operation. You can not increase power by making an antenna longer, in fact you would most likely reduce Tx output, and also, please don't call me dear :)
Most antennas are cut at 1/4 wavelength or some multible of the wavelength. You can try making twice as long and it may get better.

Last edited:
NO - NO - NO - NO

Buy and use a proper licenced aircraft system!.
You need a license in the UK for radio controlled toys? Over here the aircraft and cars use different bands. You don't need a license for either one.

Stay away from old R/C aircraft controls that use AM modulation. If not, your plane WILL crash from radio interference. Use FM or digital systems.

Licensed amateur radio operators can also legally use any frequency within the ham bands.

Last edited:
To All,
To be very true, i am unable to buy very very expensive aircraft Tx and Rx. Because Pakistan itself does not manufactures and imports all the r/c aircraft parts and sells here at there own prices. so in simply words i cannot buy the Tx,Rx available for aircraft. i want you guys to tell me a way to control a plane at a reasonable price. i think you all got what i want to say.

Thanks

I understand what you want, but fact of the matter is it just not that simple. At best you might try to improve Rx sensitivity by such things as adding more ground plane, but honestly, to many things to consider without schematics and such.

You need a license in the UK for radio controlled toys? Over here the aircraft and cars use different bands. You don't need a license for either one.

I don't think you do here now either, you used to decades ago - the gear, particularly for aircraft, probably has to meet strict regulations though..

Likewise here, cars and aircraft use different bands, and YOU MUST NOT use the wrong one!.

To All,
To be very true, i am unable to buy very very expensive aircraft Tx and Rx. Because Pakistan itself does not manufactures and imports all the r/c aircraft parts and sells here at there own prices. so in simply words i cannot buy the Tx,Rx available for aircraft. i want you guys to tell me a way to control a plane at a reasonable price. i think you all got what i want to say.

For a start find out what the legal implications are, it would be a fairly serious offence (and highly dangerous) in most countries to do what you're asking

Legal ramifications aside, the technical aspect is still a big issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back