Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to increase I/O pins in microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

devmania

Hello ,

Can any one tell me how should i increase the i/o pin for at89c51 microcontroller ?
what should i interface ?

Thank you.

Hello ,

Can any one tell me how should i increase the i/o pin for at89c51 microcontroller ?
what should i interface ?

Thank you.
hi,
You could use Shift Registers or Encoder IC's
HEF4057 or 74HC595 types

Thanks Eric,

But will i be able to interface it with At89c51 or not? If ii can please tell me how?
Thank you.

Thanks Eric,

But will i be able to interface it with At89c51 or not? If ii can please tell me how?
Thank you.
hi,
The IC's I suggested are both CMOS types so they should be fully compatible with the 89C51.
For the HEF4067 you could use 4 port pins to select up to 16 analog/digital I/O's
The 74HC495, a 8951 pin for a clock, 1 Dout, 1 Dinp this would give up to 8 digital I/O's. The 495 can be connected in series with another 495 ...

Is this what you are asking.?

EDIT:
Something like this. or this...

Attachments

• AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 421
  • AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Status