Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement wireless CAN network??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ushmal

I intend to build a CAN network which has a single transmitter and a single receiver which is on a mobile vehicle.Tansmision occurs when they come within a certain range....how can i build such a network?

With great difficulty. If a transmitter is lonely the CAN silicon will retry the transmission forever. This is actually a useful diagnostic tool on a copper network. In the RF domain it will be like almost continuous carrier, what we call jabbering in network terms. I suppose you have your frequency all to yourself and there is no possibility of interference from other sources. CAN is designed to be a multipoint network, and in the RF domain there is no way to do bitwise arbitration.

You are by no means the first to suggest CAN over RF, but so far there have been no successful implementations that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back