Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to implement rs232 in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilko

Hello All

Does anyone know of a good on-line tutorial that will teach/show me the way to program the required USART functions? I've seen quite a few sites teaching how to do it but there always in assembly language.

I tried using the MC18 library's but i really haven't the foggiest what I'm doing.

Thanks

Wilko

Thank you Norlin. Its definitely a useful insight but I was hoping for something a bit more explanatory.

I also should have said I wish to communicate a PIC18f4620 with a pc running hyper terminal.

I've already set up the circuitry between the MAX232A and PIC along with setting up the PC end of it. I've tested the output signal coming from the PC with a scope so its now purely a matter of coding the pic to receive a keyboard character and transmit something similar.

ah, this chip has a built in eusart feature. Why not just use that? See section 18 of your datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back