Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to I build a rectifier for a stepper motor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptorpilot03

Ok similar to a few other threads, I would like to convert the output from a brushless stepper motor into pure DC. I have heard it is quite possible and even simple, however have been unable to find a way.

It is a small Remote Control motor, which I wish to convert into a small wind turbine, but first would like to gauge the power output, and cannot seem to get any measurements for it.

It can be found here:

It has 3 wires, black red, and blue coming out, and I was wondering how I go about inserting this into a circuit, and hence a multimeter to get a few readings.

Thanks guys

Just like an alternator except permanent magnets instead of a field winding.

Can anyone be a little more specific, I was hoping to make it a little smaller and not use an old car alternator.
I heard u can components on a small breadboard and run it through that.
Thanks though ronv

Can anyone be a little more specific,
Its the same as an alternator.
I was hoping to make it a little smaller
How much current can your motor handle?
and not use an old car alternator
You dont use one you wire your motor like one.
I heard u can components on a small breadboard and run it through that.
You dont need a breadboard, its only 6 diodes. use a term strip.
Andy

This is a link to your motor's instructions. You would configure it like the attached image. You can either use a 3 phase rectifier pack or use discreet diodes. Just make sure you use diodes rated for the application. The image does not include capacitors for filtering! You will need capacitors across the DC out.

Ron

Attachments

• 3 Phase Diode.gif
    3 Phase Diode.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back