Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to give power to nokia 3310 phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhil arora

nokia has 4 termials for battery connection
I have figured out that two are supply
and other two might be a thermistor or such which may be used for charging status.

Now my problem is I have 5V supply can I used a Voltage divider and provide nokia a supply. and what I have to do with other two pins.

if Any one has done this before plz help me on this.

Attachments

• nokia_pinout_battery.jpg
    nokia_pinout_battery.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,250
NO it didn't worked
even I have connected the resistors.

A B C D vbat, 74.5k to gnd for li-ion, 25K to 40k thermistor, gnd
I have done this but phone automatically switch off after welcome screen is complete.

nikhil arora said:
NO it didn't worked
even I have connected the resistors.

A B C D vbat, 74.5k to gnd for li-ion, 25K to 40k thermistor, gnd
I have done this but phone automatically switch off after welcome screen is complete.
possibly the power supply is not giving enough power to the unit.

I am using my power supply bench that uses LM317 and it can give upto 1A of power.

when i give voltages between 3.5-3.6V it shows 2 battery bars
when i give voltages between 3.7-3.8V it shows 3 battery bars
when i give voltages between 3.9-4.1V it shows 4 battery bars

but after welcome screen it automatically switch off.

nikhil arora said:
I am using my power supply bench that uses LM317 and it can give upto 1A of power.
but after welcome screen it automatically switch off.
this is my assumption
may be the phone senses that the batt:temp is too high and shutting it down.have u tried diff vals for the thermistor ?

problem solved
It requires a capcitor and voltage above 4.1V to work as voltage falls due to high current consumption at start-up.

Hi

Could you perhaps post a diagram of what you did? I also have a 3310 that I want to power without the battery. Please this will help me alot!!

Thanx

Hi

Could you perhaps post a diagram of what you did? I also have a 3310 that I want to power without the battery. Please this will help me alot!!

Thanx

hi,:)

The thread is 2.5 years old, he may not reply.

It's verry unlikely that he will answer as if you look at his profile his last activity here on site was 11 september 2006

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back