Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get xC to show in mplab fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

For people who want to use Mplab v8.92 and xc8
You may run into problem of it not showing up.
Here how to fix it
As administrator cd to the bin file off xc8 and run this
regsvr32 mplabxc8.dll
maybe able to do the same with xc16 just see what the name is maybe
regsvr32 mplabxc16.dll

Your talking about the bin file in the compiler directory right? I went to the bin directory for xc16 and did not see anything close to regsvr32 nor did I see any dll's in that directory, or are you talking about regedit?

There's no file in there named that you run that command as administrator from the cmd prompt make sure your in the bin you cd there first then run the command regsvr32 mplabxc16.dll

Oh I see. Thanks

For people who want to use Mplab v8.92 and xc8
You may run into problem of it not showing up.
Here how to fix it
As administrator cd to the bin file off xc8 and run this
regsvr32 mplabxc8.dll
maybe able to do the same with xc16 just see what the name is maybe
regsvr32 mplabxc16.dll
I'm glad you got it sorted Burt!! Thanks for posting the fix....

It didn't work for me, Burt. I've got MPLAB 8.92 in Windows 7...

XC8 shows up in MPLABX but not MPLAB 8.92...

You have to run it in the bin folder Mike but I think mplabx has a tool that lets you change from them that you may need to run.
I only have mplab 8.92 on windows 10 I Know it works if you only have 8.92 haven't tried with both.
I used the Mplabx on Linux

I got it, Burt. It showed up after restarting MPLAB. Please forgive me for being so quick on the trigger...

Hope you and family are well, Sir...

Cheerful regards, Mike

That's cool Mike I know the feeling I installed windows 10 and then I couldn't get xc8 to work. Kind of makes one mad LOL hope you and your family are doing good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back