Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the inductors for electronic circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somdyuti Paul

Well, we want to design a FM modulator circuit, for which several inductors are required. But in the circuit diagram, they didn't mention them in terms of henry. Rather, the specification is given in terms of turns of SWG. Now, my question is are inductors available in terms of standard henry values in the market by any chance? Or do we need to take a SWG wire and wind it?

If we need to make an winding out of the SWG wires, then what should be the diameter of the winding? And what core should be used? The circuit mentions nothing, apart from the SWG standard like SWG 22 or SWG 24. And where are these SWG wires available? The standard electronics shops of our area says that they don't have them.

Here is the link to the circuit I'm talking about:
https://www.electronic-circuits-diagrams.com/radioimages/radiockt1.shtml

Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

In the text they give you the number of turns, the diameter and the wire gage. I think when they say close wound they mean not touching each other. You could wind them with standard hook up wire except for the one on the core. That one I would buy as the value is not critical. Just buy a 1000 Uh choke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back