Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get caps that wont fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually bountyhunter, I have some long learned lessons about the economy of scale behind me and an understanding of the massive growth in the PC industry from a consumer and light business user.

I value EVERY component I purchase on a price/performance chart. Dollars per gigahertz/gig's, and an intuition based value placed on various features. I pay no attention to fluff and only value added features which I believe might have possible future use.

The thinking is simple. For something like a processor, there is always a median of price/performance. This is where you buy, period. You can buy faster for an increasing price, or slower for a decreasing price but the median is where the quality point tips, this is a DIRECT effect of the economy of scale. The price/performance point of any given component is where the most bang for your buck is being exerted, and that's because of the scale, because so many people are buying in that region, that also means for the cost it's being produced efficiently which will directly equate to the quality scale; MOST of the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back