Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get an HC11E to send data through a COM port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the scenario:
I have a program on my HC11E that when loaded into ran and initialized is will output data it has stored through port C (or whichever i want) in an 8 bit format (i.e. 10010101, just to make sure I didn’t say it wrong). Now i want this data to be sent to my computer through the COM port which it will analyze and give the user the results.

So here is my problem:
I've been looking around and I just can't figure out how to get the data sent from my port on the adapt to the computer through the COM port. If anyone can explain how to do it, or even better post a link, it would be much obliged.

Thedoctorisin136 said:
Here’s the scenario:
I have a program on my HC11E that when loaded into ran and initialized is will output data it has stored through port C (or whichever i want) in an 8 bit format (i.e. 10010101, just to make sure I didn’t say it wrong). Now i want this data to be sent to my computer through the COM port which it will analyze and give the user the results.

So here is my problem:
I've been looking around and I just can't figure out how to get the data sent from my port on the adapt to the computer through the COM port. If anyone can explain how to do it, or even better post a link, it would be much obliged.
Well, I can't help you with Asembly of HC11 (and it's serial transmission). But If you are generating correct data stream (asynchronus 8N1), just use MAX232A as a level converter (TTL/RS-232). Then just attach it to PCs COM port, and it should work. Download MAX232A Datasheet, it should provide you with all schematics. Don't forget to setup your terminal program to the same speed, and use no flow control. It's important to send ASCII formated data or you will end up with screen full of crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back