Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate Negative powser supply from +5V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

octal

Hi,
I would like to use a controller-less LCD. I have to supply (-19V) (negative power) to LCD controller. How can I generate it ? my circuits is powered by +5V regulated supply (I'm using a PIC microcontroller).

Best regards

Easy answer! - DON'T use a controllerless LCD, it's far too much work for too little gain.

But to get -19V it would be easiest to get it from the transformer if it's a mains project, for a battery project either an inverter and transformer, or inverter and voltage multiplier (assuming current requirements are low).

Depending on the PIC, you may even be able to use it's PWM module to generate a suitable voltage, check how the PICKit1 generates Vpp.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Easy answer! - DON'T use a controllerless LCD, it's far too much work for too little gain.

But to get -19V it would be easiest to get it from the transformer if it's a mains project, for a battery project either an inverter and transformer, or inverter and voltage multiplier (assuming current requirements are low).

Depending on the PIC, you may even be able to use it's PWM module to generate a suitable voltage, check how the PICKit1 generates Vpp.

Thank you Nigel ... but my project is TO create a cheap intelligent controller to this kind of LCD. I have found a set of about 250 LCD at a very very low price (about 3 euro each) and they are 240 x 220 Pixels ... Actually I'm using an external negative power source, and my controller is almost working now. I just need to generate a negative power supply from 5 volt ...
Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back