Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to generate a square wave with 100ms rise time and 100ms fall time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikeeeee

hello could someone help me design a circuit in which the square wave should have an amplitude of 110V with rise time being 100ms ,ON time being 1 second , and fall time of 100ms.

i know you could generate a ramp with 100ms rise time by constant current charging a capacitor and constant current discharging it for 100ms to get the falling ramp. but how do i for 1 sec on time and how to do this for 110V.

That isn't a square wave, or anywhere near one.

You really need to be FAR more specific about EXACTLY what you're trying to do, rather than how you thing it needs to be done.

I think you mean on and off time rather than rise time.

As Nige says what do you intend to do, and is 110v ac or dc?

What is the square wave period?

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 275
Well that could be just half the wave if it's AC. We don't have enough info as yet.

One of these with a handfull of resistors and capacitors. They ain't cheap.

**broken link removed**

That is what i wanted. A dc signal which has a amplitude of 110V with (Tr) rise time of 10ms, ontime (ton) 0f 1sec , fall time (tfall) of 10msec with total time period being (T) 1.2s.

For this pulse to have a period of 1.2 seconds means that the voltage ramps up immediately after it hits zero volts. I s that what you need? Or does the voltage need to spend time at zero before the next pulse. Do the pulses need to run continuously, or do you need a single pulse triggered by some event?

Also, in your original post you asked for rise and fall times of 100mS. In post #7 you state 10mS. Which is correct?

And, how much output current do you need?

That is what i wanted. A dc signal which has a amplitude of 110V with (Tr) rise time of 10ms, ontime (ton) 0f 1sec , fall time (tfall) of 10msec with total time period being (T) 1.2s.

I am confused. Do you mean 10 mS or 100 mS rise time? That is an order of magnitude difference.

John

Red or Green?

Attachments

• DF81.jpg
    DF81.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 262

sorry for my mistake it is only 100ms and not 10ms. And also I want this to be a continuous signal once it reaches zero it has to start back again.

I forgot to add my real questions to my earlier comment. Sorry about that.

How much current does this signal need to provide? I am assuming it will be quite low, but can you put a number on it?

Does it have to be generated by an analogue method as MikeMI has shown?

John

Again, you're still not explaining anything - your 'requirement' may be entirely wrong, and to be fair sounds pretty silly?.

What are you trying to do? - random (and pretty pointless looking) signal specifications isn't an answer.

Do the rise and fall ramps have to be linear, or can they be non-linear (e.g. typical capacitor charge/discharge slopes)? What accuracy must you have (as distinct from ideally have) for the time periods and voltages? What will the waveform be used for? Is this a school/homework problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back