Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to finish product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_1

Hi:

I am just wondering, lets say you have designed circuit (maybe digital clock or whatever...) and you tested it and worked. You then sent the board design for layout, got it back and soldered it. Next is to get the "product cover" which is the external box with labels and buttons. This is what customers see and touch. My question: are there companies that can design these covers based on our inputs?, and what is the technical term for "product cover"?
I searched google for product packaging, but all I got was shipping packaging!.

Thanks for any input.

joe,

I'm not an expert on the subject, but I think the product packaging would be somewhere along the lines of Marketing, since the product packaging has a lot to do with marketing the product.

Maybe search for a marketing company that does packaging?

Yes, companies like Hammond Manufacturing are good choices, they will also custom mill out holes for displays, switches, connectors etc. other companies are PacTec or LaFranc to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back