Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find a low input current AND logic gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a circuit that's drawing current around 10 nA and I want to add an AND logic gate that draws similar current. How would I find one? I'm looking through the mouser catalog and I'm half blind going through the 100's of datasheets. Or is an input current of about 10 mA about as low as this logic gate will go? Thanks.

Look for low-voltage (1.5V) CMOS. Still, 10nA???

Last edited:
Even standard voltage range 4000 series CMOS will have a very low quiescent current, particularly if operated at a low voltage (3-5V).

Do you need such low current because you are powering this with some sort of parasitic power supply?

10 na is 500 meg ohms to 5 volts. Is there some mistake?

Thanks, Mike. I found a few lower current devices using your suggestion. Thanks, Crutschow and Ron. I was looking for something like 10 nA because a few components drew that order of current, but I forgot that there's a 4 MOhm voltage bridge that is drawing far more current than 10 nA. Wish I could avoid these simplistic errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back