Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to figure out SMD size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilykat

A couple years ago I sent a bunch of pcb designs to iTead for cheap PCB and making them open source, I got 2 more for each order of 10 plus a few extra PCB from other open source projects. I got quite a few "iTeaduino" board that have been put aside but I would like to put it together.

**broken link removed** has the schematic and pictures of the board but I can't find part list with the size of SMD. So is there a way to find out what physical size SMD are used? I thought most capacitors and resistors are 0805? The only thing I have for measuring small area is a dial caliper that has imperial (English) measurement, no metric. Even then, measuring the pad I have is not quite accurate as the actual SMD is usually slightly smaller than the pads.

Google SMD size chart. Some have full size foot prints you can use if your screen size is right.

If it fits, use it -- assuming you understand what it is doing.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back