Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to drive capacitance with tyristor or triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesuthh

Hello People;
I am trying drive 25uf capacitance with a optocoupler and triac. I have tried so many triacs and huge heatshinks, but always triacs goes fire because the high temperature on triac.
is there any advice
thanks from now on
regards

Why are you trying to drive a capacitive load? What purpose?

You probably don't have any resistance to limit the current into your capacitor. Always limit capacitor current with a suitable resistor.

Probably oine of those silly "rail guns" where they dump a lot of energy from a high voltage cap through the triac into what is basically a dead short load, that may or may not make something move.

I think "triacs goes fire" is a common symptom. :D

Must be some awfully high voltage to get remarkable energy from 25uf.
The Navy's railgun is 32MJ, they want to double that to 64 and eliminate cruise missles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back