Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to develop a programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidDum

hm.. How the hex codes are transferred from the computer into the programmer then to the target microcontroller? In both hardware and software.

You'll need a dedicated programmer for a given chip or a "Universal programmer" which can program almost all programmable chips.
Which microcontroller do you want to program?

Unbelievable! only 100USD? From where did you buy?

I came to China last vacation, and bought it. Yeah, it works sssssooooooooooo nice...

However, some windows XP get problem with it. I don't know why, but as I use it, I cannot run on my laptop. But I can run it from my friend's laptop??? Perhaps because I use .NET framework.. But I don't think it causes the problem. I'm still finding the errors here. However, everything is oki, I take my friend's notebook and .... :D I'm a thief :D... kidding.. but if you come to the chinese electronic market, you can buy it at about 100$, perhaps a little bit higher, but it's cheap. I'm sure.

I am using labtool48 as well.
The problem is, it is cumbersome to pull out and plug in the microcontroller everytime i need to program it. It is tedious in the development stage. I am working on Atmel 89C52 now, I wish to get circuit for in-circuit programmer.

I can download some circuit and code for PIC programmer. I wish to make one from scratch, I guess that is not that difficult. However, now i know nothing about it, i dont know whats the format of hex file, how to transfer it to EEPROM..etc

StupidDum said:
I can download some circuit and code for PIC programmer. I wish to make one from scratch, I guess that is not that difficult. However, now i know nothing about it, i dont know whats the format of hex file, how to transfer it to EEPROM..etc

The HEX format is explained in the appendix to the MPASM help file (as well as in other documentation at MicroChip), the actual transfer details are available in the Programming Manuals for the various chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back