Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to detrmin the config bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Im woundering how to determin wich configbits to use on a 18F4550.

Im using a SD card for storage (using mikroC compiler with libs for FAT16)
ADC (three of them)
and i got a 8 MHz Crystal
Im also ud\sing a DS1302 for timestamp on the file

I would be glad if someone could help me on how to choose the different config bits.

If you are using C18 then check out **broken link removed**.

Mike.

Thanks Mike,
I was going to prepare a summary of the 18F1320 CONFIG's for a project I am doing, saved me a job, IOU another beer.;)

Regards

Im woundering how to determin wich configbits to use on a 18F4550.

Im using a SD card for storage (using mikroC compiler with libs for FAT16)
ADC (three of them)
and i got a 8 MHz Crystal
Im also ud\sing a DS1302 for timestamp on the file

I would be glad if someone could help me on how to choose the different config bits.

You will have to read the data sheet. The mikroC keep the config bit's in the project (not in the C/H files like normal compilers). You have a list of bits so you select ones you want to use. The config bit's are named exactly like they are named in data sheet, so it is fairly simple. If there is some "special" bit you do not understand (what it does / what it is for) post a direct question. In 99% cases the "default" button on the edit project page will set up the config to some working condition

Well i have looked in the datasheet and couldnt say i could find (a list) of config bits. All i did find was the OSC bit(s)

Well i have looked in the datasheet and couldnt say i could find (a list) of config bits. All i did find was the OSC bit(s)

Do not get me wrong, I hate the whole "config bit" thing with uC's :( .. still struggle with some questions about it .. as for the 4550 .. pages 288-299 in pdf document explain every bit.

I also understand your confusion as MikroC keep the name of the config register, not the bit itself, it has "config words" that are "trouble" .. I personally go trough doc, set up the value of every bit and then "turn on the appropriate combo" in MikroC ... In my prev post I wrote mikroC keep "bit's" .. that is not true .. it keep the name of registers, and offer some "config words" that I actually do not get at all .. I only look at the hex values. So again, the only way to do it properly is trough datasheet, the way mikroC offer those words IMHO only confuses people .. but, I read that they are now thinking about making cli compiler (linux version too) so this might change...

Ahh ok thanks for that (im a bit blushed here im sitting and checking out pages 288 trough 299 in the datasheet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back